While the original release of the LG HG2 was in 2014, production has become available in Summer 2015. A 20 amp, 3000 mAh milestone is, in some way a holy grail of stats. A battery that can both be high-drain, and high-capacity is just what everyone wants. The LG HG2 can be seen as a 500mAh capacity upgrade from its predecessors the HE2/HE4 which also have a 20A discharge limit.
LG Chem is on a rolling schedule of releases and research, all planned years in advance. An average of between 6% and 10% increase in battery performance is expected, compounding yearly. That means, taking into account the battery specs and LG Chem's release schedule, the LG HG2 will likely be a good contender for one of the best 18650 batteries for some months to come for high-drain applications.
The use of lithium ion rechargeable batteries with e-cigarettes, vaporizers, or other similar products, constitutes a DANGEROUS misuse of the battery cell that poses a SERIOUS RISK of personal injury, property damage, or death. These cells are only for use with proper protection circuitry within system integrations or battery packs with a BMS (battery management system) or PCB (circuit board/module) and are not intended by the manufacturer for use with such products. BATTERIES MAY EXPLODE, BURN, OR CAUSE A FIRE if used with e-cigarettes, vaporizers, or similar products.
The user must have appropriate understanding of lithium ion batteries before purchase. Use caution when working with and using lithium ion batteries as they are very sensitive to charging characteristics and may explode, burn, or cause a fire if misused or mishandled. Always charge in or on a fire-proof surface. Never leave batteries charging unattended. We are not responsible for any damage or injury caused by misuse or mishandling lithium ion batteries and chargers. No express or implied guarantee of compatibility with any device can be made. Charge only with a smart charger designed for this specific type of lithium ion battery. Do not mix and match old and new, used and unused batteries. Local regulations and laws pertaining to the recycling and disposal of lithium ion batteries vary so please consult your local jurisdiction regarding appropriate disposal. Many retail stores offer free recycling of rechargeable batteries.
- Misusing or mishandling lithium ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of personal injury, property damage, or death
- BATTERIES MAY EXPLODE, BURN, OR CAUSE A FIRE IF MISUSED OR MISHANDLED
- ONLY use with proper protection circuitry
- ONLY use within manufacturer specification
- DO NOT use with e-cigarette, vaporizer, or similar device
- DO NOT store loose in pocket, purse, etc. – always use a protective case for storage and transport
- KEEP AWAY from metal objects to prevent short circuiting
- DO NOT short circuit
- DO NOT use if wrapper or insulator is damaged or torn
- DO NOT use if damaged in any way
- DO NOT overcharge or over-discharge
- DO NOT modify, disassemble, puncture, cut, crush, or incinerate
- DO NOT expose to liquids or high temperatures
- DO NOT solder
- User must be familiar with handling lithium ion batteries before purchase
- Usage of batteries is AT YOUR OWN RISK
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!